I love the trend of layering a top under a slip dress. It’s such a simple update, but changes the look so much. Below are the reasons this look formula works ↓
1. It makes the look less formal and more “cool girl” aka effortless.
2. A top adds a masculine affect to a feminine look.
3. It’s unexpected, which adds an element of surprise.
4. More coverage. Slip dresses can be revealing and not everyone’s cup of tea. I personally like more coverage, for me it makes the dress more practical and less fussy- aka I can wear a normal bra when I layer.
5. The top adds shape. Slip dresses can be shapeless sometime, adding a top/tee adds more structure.